In recent years, an organic movement has begun in pockets of the evangelical community to live out James 1:27. All over America, people and churches are discovering opportunities to care for the fatherless in very creative and practical ways. God is awakening a spirit in the contemporary evangelical church to live out the Gospel through the care of orphans. Orphanology: The Bible Study offers your group the opportunity to join this movement and discover ways to get involved in your community and around the world. LifeBibleStudy is pleased to offer a 6-lesson curriculum to complement Orphanology. We believe this study will help your group dig into the concepts and apply them to their daily lives. It's designed for easy group facilitation, so no leadership experience is necessary.
Teaching materials include specifically designed activities for college students, younger and older singles, newly marrieds, young marrieds, parents of children, parents of teenagers, empty nesters, senior adults, and those who participate in classes with a Master Teacher. Also included each week are lesson commentaries, Family Devotion handouts, learner worksheets, and session handouts.
Each group member will need a copy of Orphanology
- Lesson 1: Chapter 1 & 2--How does our adoption of children reflect God's adoption of us? (Gal. 4:4-7)
- Lesson 2: Chapter 3--Why are you pushing orphan care and adoption? (James 1:19-27)
- Lesson 3: Chapter 5--How do you do missions through orphanage funding, personnel, and training? (Matt. 25:31-346)
- Lesson 4: Chapter 6--How do you do adoption support and funding? (1 Tim. 6:6-10, 17-19)
- Lesson 5: Chapters 7-8--How Do You Do Transitional Assistance? And How Do You Do Orphan Hosting Ministry? (1 Sam. 9:1-13)
- Lesson 6: Chapter 9--How do you do orphan-hosting ministry? (Rom. 12:9-13; Ruth 2:14-16; Matt. 10:40-42)
Chapter 4 is not connected to the Bible study due to it speaking to the leaders at the church.
How It Works
- Purchase your selected Bible Study Teaching Materials (price is based upon the average group attendance). Don’t forget the Learner/Student Books associated with your selection.
- As a new customer: Wait to receive email with Login Instructions for the Bible Study Manager Site. Bible Study Teaching Materials purchased are added to your account there upon creation. To access the scheduled lessons, simply log on and create a new calendar. Add Teachers to your account and assign them to the calendar of scheduled lessons for the class/age group that they are teaching.
- As an existing customer: Wait to an email from Life Bible Study informing you that the study you purchased has been added to your account on the Bible Study Manager Site. To access the scheduled lessons simply log on and create a new calendar.