When you hear the word disciple, what comes to mind?
Maybe you think of the twelve disciples who tramped along behind Jesus through the Judean wilderness and the dusty streets of Jerusalem. Maybe you visualize their faces in a stained glass church window or in some old painting with little halos over their heads.
But here’s the question: When you hear the word disciple, do you think of yourself? Do you consider yourself a disciple of Jesus Christ? Do you know what it means to be one?
What does it mean to follow Christ as His disciple? Help everyone in your church understand, apply, and re-teach vital principles of the Christian life with this six-week study based on Greg Laurie’s book. No matter the age, spiritual maturity, or learning style of a group, LifeBibleStudy provides leaders convenient access to everything they need online and is designed for easy group facilitation so no leadership experience is necessary.
Start! To Follow: The Bible Study includes:
- Six biblical lessons complementing the chapters of Start! To Follow
- Practical insights to help believers (old and new, alike) understand, apply and re-teach foundational principles for life as a disciple
- In-depth commentary, relevant discussion questions, and other helpful tools for leaders
- Differentiated teaching plans to meet various group sizes and needs, including:
- Being Disciples – perfect for new believers or any Christian wanting to focus on the basics of the Christian life for themselves.
- Making Disciples – perfect for mature believers or any Christian ready to share the basics of the Christian life with others.
- Students – perfect for teenagers who need to know what the Christian life is all about.
- Small Groups – perfect for more discussion-oriented, relational small groups interested in unpacking biblical truths in the context of their own community.
The 6-week study will follow this simple progression of a disciple’s personal relationship with God and with People.
A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP
1. The Commitment – Discipleship is described as our commitment to Jesus and the Christian Life (ch 1)
2. The Life – As disciples, our lives of surrender are empowered by God’s commitment to us, through His Spirit (ch 2-3)
RELATING TO GOD
3. The Bible – Discipleship naturally means knowing and treasuring God’s Word (ch 4)
4. Prayer – Discipleship involves a conversation with God, prayerfully conforming our desires to His (ch 5)
RELATING TO PEOPLE
5. The Church – As disciples, we are a family that mutually benefits from building each other up (ch 6)
6. The World – As disciples, we get to share everything we’ve experienced by inviting others into relationship (ch 7-8)
How It Works
- Purchase your selected Bible Study Teaching Materials (price is based upon the average group attendance). Don’t forget the Learner/Student Books associated with your selection.
- As a new customer: Wait to receive email with Login Instructions for the Bible Study Manager Site. Bible Study Teaching Materials purchased are added to your account there upon creation. To access the scheduled lessons, simply log on and create a new calendar. Add Teachers to your account and assign them to the calendar of scheduled lessons for the class/age group that they are teaching.
- As an existing customer: Wait to an email from Life Bible Study informing you that the study you purchased has been added to your account on the Bible Study Manager Site. To access the scheduled lessons simply log on and create a new calendar.